Re: Schizophrenia and the Psychic

May 08, 1996 05:59 PM
by Jerry Schueler

"Schizophrenia is what happens when you confound the planes."
Jerry S.

Eldon:
>When someone sees into the astral light, and what they see is a
>reflection of the content of their own psyche, we have an
>hallucination. But is it "real"? Yes, but it is subjective to the
>individual seeing it, and it is not physical in nature nor
>objective in the sense that it exists in its own right and can
>remain unaltered by how we might like it to be.
	I submit that ALL that anyone can ever see is a "reflection
of their own psyche."  The resulting "hallucination" is called maya.
All of our sensory data is "subjective to the individual seeing it."  Just
because another person agrees with our perception, doesn't make
that perception any more (or less) real.  Eldon, you sound very much
like a materialist here.

>I would expect that the sort of brain change that is represented
>in schizophrenia is, as said, a breakdown in the normal brain
>formation, leading to an abnormal experience of life.
	The problem is Kundalini, a spontaneous opening of
one or more chakras when the person is totally unprepared.  The
result is a confusion between what is occuring on the physical
plane vs what is occurring on the astral plane.  Such persons
hear voices and see things on the astral, but think it is on the
physical (most have no knowledge at all of higher planes).
Since scientists and doctors also know nothing of higher planes,
they believe it to be the result of brain damage.

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI