Re: Schizophrenia and the Psychic

May 09, 1996 09:27 PM
by Bee Brown

Jerry Schueler wrote:

> "Schizophrenia is what happens when you confound the planes."
> Jerry S.
>
> Eldon:
> >When someone sees into the astral light, and what they see is a
> >reflection of the content of their own psyche, we have an
> >hallucination. But is it "real"? Yes, but it is subjective to the
> >individual seeing it, and it is not physical in nature nor
> >objective in the sense that it exists in its own right and can
> >remain unaltered by how we might like it to be.
>         I submit that ALL that anyone can ever see is a "reflection
> of their own psyche."  The resulting "hallucination" is called maya.
> All of our sensory data is "subjective to the individual seeing it."  Just
> because another person agrees with our perception, doesn't make
> that perception any more (or less) real.  Eldon, you sound very much
> like a materialist here.
>
> >I would expect that the sort of brain change that is represented
> >in schizophrenia is, as said, a breakdown in the normal brain
> >formation, leading to an abnormal experience of life.
>         The problem is Kundalini, a spontaneous opening of
> one or more chakras when the person is totally unprepared.  The
> result is a confusion between what is occuring on the physical
> plane vs what is occurring on the astral plane.  Such persons
> hear voices and see things on the astral, but think it is on the
> physical (most have no knowledge at all of higher planes).
> Since scientists and doctors also know nothing of higher planes,
> they believe it to be the result of brain damage.
>
>         Jerry S.
>         Member, TIThat is just what my daughter says in her lucid times. She has talked about
the Kundalini causing her problem. We used to talk about her voices and what
they said and how she perceived them and I would say that most of them came
from the lower astral. She had one that was different and seemed to be trying
to help her but it was often drowned out by the rest.It seemed to her to be
coming from further away somehow. It is a constant barrage of negative
comments 24 hours a day so not wonder it gets to them over a period of time.
I have been left with the impression that in many of these cases, the veil
between the physical and the astral during waking hours, has become too
permiable and may in fact have 'holes' in it, allowing such contact that they
are not prepared for. If our culture accepted that such a thing could happen
then it would not be so scary and I think it is the fear that makes them
unable to cope with it though there seems to be a manic reaction by the brain
to all this and this is what the medication treats. Schizophrenia seems to be
ruining the lives of a lot of very bright people. Such a shame.

   Bee Brown
   Member TSNZ,Wanganui Branch.
   Theos Int & L