"Theosophy is who Theosophy does."

May 08, 1996 05:42 PM
by Jerry Hejka-Ekins

Chuck wrote:
>Alex,
>There is a saying, perportedly from HPB, the "Theosophy is who
>Theosophy does."  My feeling is that one who, in the words of
>Voltaire, "defends the poor and helps the oppressed," is far
>closer to the spirit of theosophy than one who can quote the SD
>right and left and knows several of the Mahatmas area codes.  I
>was not kidding when I said it would be interesting if
>theosophy ever really acquired a heart.

JHE
     Chuck,  she really did write this in the ~Key to Theosophy.~
It is one of her most often quoted remarks.  But you will have to
look in the original edition to find it.  Joy Mills edited it out
of her edition.

JHE
   |Jerry Hejka-Ekins,                      |
      |Member TI, TSA, TSP, ULT                |
         |Please reply to: jhe@toto.csustan.edu   |
            |and CC to jhejkaekins@igc.apc.org       |