Re: TSA On the Internet

Apr 18, 1996 09:08 AM
by Michael Grenier

M K Ramadoss wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Apr 1996, Eldon B. Tucker wrote:
> Eldon:
>
> Thanks for taking interest to post the above here.
>
> For those of us computer hardware illiterates,
>
> 166MHZ Pentium is a computer I see advertized in local newspapers that
> one can walk into a store like Best Buy or Office Depot and walk out with.
>
> Windows NT - Like Windows everyone knows

The last time I talked to Ruben, I suggested dropping the speed of the Pentium
and putting the money elsewhere, e.g. a second PC, CDROM writer, or something.
Basically a 56KB line is so slow that you do not need much of a computer
to host it. Even with a T1, you don't need much.

Anyway, I think we agreed on a 75 Mhz or better Pentium would suffice. Perhaps
some of you think otherwise ... just remember that there is a limited amount
of money that perhaps could go elsewhere. What do the rest of you think?

Anyway, last I heard, which was a couple months ago, he hadn't yet registered
the name and IP addresses he needed for his local subnet attached to the
CISCO router.

Ruben, if you're getting this, what is the latest?
-------
Michael W. Grenier     Loral Air Traffic Control
612-456-7869           mgrenier@eag.unisysgsg.com
                       mike@planet8.eag.unisysgsg.com