No Moderator

Apr 16, 1996 07:46 AM
by Alan

In message <199604160324.AA30164@zipper.zip.com.au>, Michelle Donald
<michelle@zip.com.au> writes
>> I think this list needs a moderator.  I nominate Alan.  This discussion
>> will, I hope, lead to a decision.

We already know a moderator is not for theos lists.

>Or if not at least some netiquette guidelines, about conserving
>bandwdith and increasing value to participants by:
>
>1) judicious quoting - not none - making some posts meaningless or
>complete quote leaving in unecessary details.
>2) on topic
>3) more than I agree - this doesnt add to discussion unless a vote is
>being called for
>4)emailing direct rather than to the list where ones response is to
>the individual rather than the group participating in the list.
>
>If you can think of more please feel free to add them...
>
>yours in fellowship
>
>Michelle Donald

These are useful and serious points - I think some of us could take note
and try to be more selective.  The "Reply" button can be quick and easy
to use, but the result may not always be useful to all readers.  I know
I get tempted by this, and sometimes alter a reply to go the an
individual rather than the list.  I could do it more often, I know, and
am posting this reply to Michelle to the list for consideration by
others.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: