Re: theosophy & psychism

Apr 18, 1996 09:17 AM
by Porreco, Nick - CPMQ

Chuck,

Could you tell me more about where I can read about the  conjuration of the
shade
of Appolonious of Tyana.  It Doesn't matter if the book is in or out of
print.

Nick.

> Date: Thursday, April 18, 1996 7:57AM
> From: theos-l
> Subject: Re: theosophy & psychism

Alex,
There was also a terribly embarrassing incident involving Anna Bogus (sorry
about that) Bonus Kingsford.  She decided, while under the undue influence
of
too much Laudanum,  that she was appointed by her spirit friends to
psychically kill Louis Pasteur.  The press got their hands on it, Louis
Pasteur caught a light cold and HPB was mortified as Anna Kingsford was a
high mucky muck in the London Lodge at the time and it made the whole TS
look
like a pack of loony drug addicts.
Then there was the whole matter of the relationship between the TS and the
Order of the Golden Dawn which went south and made the official TS very
suspicious of Magick, in spite of the fact that the shrine room that HPB
ordered for the London Lodge was designed to perform ritual magick, being
modeled on the chamber Eliphas Levi described in his conjuration of the
shade
of Appolonious of Tyana.

Chuck the Barbarian MTI, FTSA
Heretic