Re: Psychism vs Intellectual-Spiritual

Apr 17, 1996 01:54 PM
by Jerry Schueler

>As soon as I can find it, I will also post on Theos-l a recently written
>article by David Lane on Eckankar, Visions and Psychic and Spiritual
>Experiences.  Some of his major points may be of some interest to you
>and Eldon as well as others on Theos-l.
>
>Hoping that you and Eldon will take what I have said above as an
>encouragement to engage
>in a more constructive dialogue on a very important topic.
>Daniel

	Daniel, I agree.  This is a good idea.  I can see good
and bad with both views.  One of the major "danger warnings"
that I get from people about Enochian (i.e., Ritual) Magic is
that it can change the personality.  This scares a lot of people.
But, when you get down to it, Eldon's intellectual-spiritual
approach must necessarily also change the personality too.
Now, in both cases, the change should be for the better.  But
the idea of changing one's personality, even a minor amount,
is threatening to many people.  This is only one of many areas
that need to be discussed:  What are truly the dangers? can they
be minimized?  Is it worth it?  Is there such a thing as a "safe"
path, considering the fact that we are trying to become better
people, and thus deliberately changing our personalities?
Should such changes be slow or sudden?

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI