Re: Dangerous TSA Bylaw Changes Part 01

Nov 12, 1995 07:38 PM
by M K Ramadoss

On 11 199511 Sy Ginsburg wrote:

> The purpose of this postingParts 01 &2 is to reach as many members of The
> Theosophical Society in America as possible to inform them of the danger in
> certain proposed national bylaw changes. Please feel free to contact me if you
> would like to discuss this. Sy Ginsburg President Miami Florida Branch TSA
> Tel: 305-463-8900; Fax 305-463-8989; E-mail: 72724413@compuserve.com
>
> Proposed bylaw changes #15 #16 #17 and #9 pose a real threat to the T.S.A.
> Please vote against them when you receive your referendum ballot!
>
> Dear Fellow Members of The Theosophical Society in America TSA:
>
> These changes have been approved too uncritically by the
> national Board of Directors in their understandable concern over loss of the
> Boston Branch but in so doing they are unwittingly causing far more damage to
> the TSA than was caused by the loss of a Branch. The national Board has not
> adequately consulted with Branches. The Miami Branch for example third
> largest in TSA was never consulted. Thank you for your attention to this
> important
>
> Sincerely
> Sy Ginsburg J.D. Miami Branch President
> If you would like to discuss this with me please call. My home telephone is
> 305-463-8900. Fax is 305-463-8989. E-mail is 72724413@compuserve.com

All of us owe a debt of gratitute to you for taking the time and
trouble to research the issues and informing the members of the gravity and
potential future problems with the proposed changes in bylaws and also
for suggesting the setting up of a commission to look into the bylaws.

It is very surprising that no lodge was consulted. I wonder why no one
who was involved in the revision and approval of bylaws thought it wise
to get some feedback from the lodges. After all these changes are
supposed to protect the lodges. Much good can come out of such
consultation. Even now it is not too late to put the whole revision in
hold.

Does anyone know when the bylaws committee was appointed and what are
the credentials - professional or otherwise of the committee member? Has
any one seen the report of the bylaws committee?

-- end of msg --