Re: animal monad revisited

Nov 05, 1995 05:09 AM
by Liesel F. Deutsch

To Bee:
Re: pets sacrificing themselves to fill a human need.

If Chou chou didn't fill a human need she would have died as a 06
week old kitten. Someone found her in a ditch choking from 02 neck
wounds full of maggots & brought her to my son who's a veterinary.
He healed her & since she was sprightly & I was looking for a new
cat he brought her to me. She fills a need. She's company I love to
watch her play & she's just very lovable as cats are. I also trained her
@cat he brought her to me. She fills a need. She's company I love to
lovingly out of biting the minute you touched her. she now grabs
your skin in her teeth to indicate "I don't like this" but doesn't
hurt unless you don't heed her. I allow this because she needs to
defend herself. She obeys real well for a
cat & it's because she "loves" me or whatever it is that a little
beasty feels. Her life is valuable but not only because she fills a
@cat & it's because she "loves" me or whatever it is that a little
need for me but also because I try to teach her different things to help her
along her cat evolution. She's a happy little kitty of 2. Except for the
fact that she never sees another cat I don't think she's missing
anything important. Yes roaming in the yard but Mysty got bitten &
then run over so it's my judgement that Chou chou is better off indoors.
I try to reciprocate for that she's come to my house as my pet & try
to make sure it's not a useless empty life for her. It isn't. She's
also treated with respect. I respect her as a being & I respect her
wishes which she's learned to express real well because I respond
to her... even if I have to tell her "no" when she sits by the door
asking to go for a run in the hallway.

Liesel