Re: To be a Theosophist and know a Master when ya see one

Nov 04, 1995 11:33 AM
by Jerry Schueler

JRC:
< Yes! It occured to me years ago when I was reading E. Levi on
<Talismans that Madison Avenue *was* practicing pure Talismanic magic -
<and quite often a very low form of it. What is the creation of a brand or
<product logo other than a delibrate attempt to tie a symbol to a specific
<chain of subconscious associations ... that with an intense advertising
<campaign will cause that chain of associations to be evoked in consumers
<whenever they see the logo?

This is exactly what is happening. Carl Jung taught that magic
and the old gods never died but are still with us today in changed forms.

Jerry S.