Re: Door to the Human Kingdom

Oct 26, 1995 04:14 AM
by Coherence

In a previous post the following assertion was made:

>>>Those animals that made it through that "door" became the Animal
>>>Monads in our constitution. They as centers of consciousness are
>>>the animal nature which our human nature, the Human Monad, uses.
>>>The "horse" that you ride is an Animal Monad in the Human Kingdom,
>>>destinated, if it continues its evolution, to be a Human Monad in
>>>its own right at the end of the Seventh Round.

My question regarding the above was the source of the assertion that the
Animal Monads become the "animal natures" of man. The source given was
Puruker with a request for a Blavatsky source. Here is what I came up with.

First to clarify, HPB tells us that evolution proceeds on three levels
simultaneously:
the Monadic (Atma-Buddhi)
the Intellectual
the Physical
(SD, i 181)

Now what we are discussing is the evolution and progression of the Monad. We
are told that the Monad passes through all the kingdoms of nature to finally
become Man.

"The most developed Monads . . . reach the human germ-stage in the first
Round; Become terrestrial, though very ethereal human beings towards the end
of the Third Round, remaining on it (the Globe) through the "obscuration"
period as the seed for future mankind in the Fourth Round, and thus become
the pioneers of Humanity at the beginning of this, the Fourth Round. Others
reach the Human stage only during later Rounds, i.e.those still occupying
animal forms after the middle turning-point of the Fourth Round---will not
become men at all during this Manwantara. They will reach to the verge of
humanity only at the close of the seventh Round to be, in their turn, ushered
into a new chain after pralaya . . . " (SD, i 182)

This is the most concise statement I can find. The general principle is
reiterated often and in various places throughout the SD. The Monad in the
animal kingdom has passed through the mineral and vegetable kingdoms and is
now ready to become Man, i.e.self-conscious. There is no reference to Animal
Monads becoming "Human NATURES" or our lower attributes. This would be
confusing the evolution of the Monad with the evolution of the Physical.
 Therefore there are not two Monads trying to inhabit our bodies (the animal
and the physical). This concept prompted the very humorous question from
another participant to the effect, What happens when the animal Monad grows
up? The teaching of Purucker as given by you would lead to a question such
as this, which may illuminate where Purucker has mis-spoken. The wonderful
thing about Theosophy is its logical consistency.

The pages surrounding the above citations are very interesting and may help
your understanding of evolution. Anthropogenesis, by the way, occupies the
entire Vol. 2 of the SD.