Re: re: on CWL

Oct 05, 1995 10:09 PM
by Eldon B. Tucker

Bee:

>I wonder if the messenger needs to be physical.

It may be a matter of semantics, but I've generally heard the term
"messenger" used to describe someone sent out by the Lodge to openly
act on its behalf. A messenger would be someone like Blavatsky that
was authorized to not only teach and work in the world, but also to
openly state her ties to the Mahatmas.

The Mahatmas are continually, I'd say, at work in the world, and
that work involves teaching and introducing knowledge and spirituality
where it can help out. The distinction with a messenger is that we
have one of them, or one of their representatives, that is permitted
to work in the open.

-- Eldon