Re: psychic powers

Sep 06, 1995 08:29 AM
by LIESEL

Patrick writes

"An attitude of keeping things in their proper balance ... is
the healthiest." second the motion.

".... The Masters are very busy and that is why theosophical
books have been written. I believe that we must today rely
much more on open honest discussion among ourselves." I think
that this works up to a certain point, until one is quite
advanced. Then, I think some sort of oral instruction or
guidance is needed, not necessarily by a Master right away, who
I think is needed for people who are spirtually very advanced,
but by a Chela, or someone who's had at least some training in
the right direction. If one comes across such a person before
one is quite advanced, I think it helps as well. Speaking for
myself (in the latter category), I understood some things as
they were being taught to me, & others by observing, & then
lateron, as I read, or listened to tapes, realizing what I'd
seen.

Liesel