Initiate?

Aug 27, 1995 07:08 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

Rich:
>It is surely a fact that there are many Initiates who have taught in the
>past, continue to teach today, and will teach in the future. What is the
>evidence that we should regard the Christian Alice Bailey in such a light, or
>the Tibetan whom we are told is "D.K." of the Mahatma Letters?

This brings up an interesting question, one which has bothered me for a while.
What is an Initiate? And how does one recognize one? By the what he/she
teaches or writes? By what others say that person is? Does he walk around with
a badge that says INITIATE on it, pinned to his lapel? I would appreciate
answers from any member of Theos-l.

- ann