Re: ML citation blunder

Mar 30, 1995 03:42 PM
by LieselFD

Nicholas,

You're going to have to explain to me what you're talking about,
because what you say is Greek to me.

Let's see if I can maybe make some sort of sense of it.  I have,
& am going by the 2d edition; but I have this flyer in the front
of my edition, which is written by someone who calls themselves
"I" without ever saying a name.  It lists the letters in
chronological order, but this is not the same as the numerical
order.  Except for letter #X, which I did first, I'm taking the
letters in chronological order, so that should coincide with
Vic's.  They're actually numbered I,II,III,CXLIII,IV, etc.  In
spite of this numbering, which I guess I can leave off & use only
the chronological numbers, which is also listed on this pamphlet,
the order of the letters should be the same as in Vic's book.  I
think it'll be less confusing, if I only put in the chronological
numbers.  So I'll do that from now on.

OK, so the first letter I put on is chronologically #93 (labeled
X, in my book).  Then I put on #1 followed by #2, just as it's
titled.  #s 3 a, b, c and #4 are all very short, (I may or may
not skip them) & this week end, I'll put on what in Vic's book
should be #5.  I think that'll clear up the confusion.  It's easy
enough, because I have the letters listed chronologically in that
little pamphlet.  I just wasn't paying any attention to it.

Liesel