Re: ML citation blunder

Mar 31, 1995 09:01 AM
by Nicholas Weeks

>Nicholas,
>
>You're going to have to explain to me what you're talking about...

When I, or anyone on the net quotes or refers to a Mahatma letter
(but not the page number) they should make clear if they are
quoting from the new MLC edition -- the C standing for
chronological or the old ML.  The "old" ML comes in a 2nd
edition, pub.  by Theosophical University Press and a 3rd edition
pub.  by TPH.

Since the new MLC is in far less hands than the old ML I would
suggest you continue to use *only* the original topical numbering
when you laboriously enter them for us to read here.  The order
you present them *is* the chronological order.

I will repeat the sequence for the first few, based on the MLC
edition for those who want to read ahead.

1, 2, 3a, 3b, 3c, 143, (Hume ltr,) 4, 126, 106, 99, 98, 5, 28, 6,
7, 142a, 142b, 8, 107, 31, 9, 121, 49, 27, 26, 104

The "Hume" letter is not in the old editions.  If you have
Conger's ~Combined Chronology~ it is there.  If not, I will post
it from Vic's MLC.  It can also be found (most of it) in a ULT
pamphlet called the "Masters Letter."

Nicholas