Re: Bailey and Theosophy

Mar 29, 1995 01:54 PM
by Nicholas Weeks

>NW writes> She & CW Leadbeater were psychics who were convinced
>that the entities they contacted on the inner planes were
>the same Adepts that taught Blavatsky. I, representing a minority
>on this list, am equally convinced that AAB & CWL were deluded.

Ann asks NW & Theos-l>

> What would be the criteria for judging whether one was truly in
> contact with a higher source or just chatting with a bogus
> entity?

Dear Ann,

Criteria are of little help.  Master Morya, in ML 31, writes:

"There is one general law of vision (physical and mental or
spiritual) but there is a qualifying special law proving that all
vision must be determined by the quality or grade of man's spirit
and soul, and also by the ability to translate diverse qualities
of waves of astral light into consciousness...  There are those
who are willingly and others who are *unwillingly* -- blind.
Mediums belong to the former, sensitives to the latter.  Unless
regularly initiated and trained...no self-tutored seer or
clairaudient ever saw *quite* correctly."

Read also, a few lines above this, about Suby Ram "a truly good
man -- yet a devotee of another error." One does not have to be a
vile monster to "see through a glass darkly".

Nicholas