RE:Fundies attack Alice

Mar 29, 1995 06:53 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

>Mark Barville writes:

I recently read "A Compilation", by Alice Bailey.  I was
discussing this with a friend last week and she proceeded to tell
me the following information .  .  .

Here are some of the tidbits she gave me:

*Lucis Publishing used to be Lucifer Publishing because it's
origins were in Satan worship.

*Alice Bailey, and her writings, came out of theosophy.

*The founders of theosophy practiced pedophilia.

*Theosophy is concerned with "racial cleansing", that the "5th
race" is the purified white race.

Now this sounds like intense propoganda to me.  I would like to
ask if anyone on this list has ever heard this stuff before, if
any of it is true (and to what extent), what sources I can go to
for a more complete understanding of Alice Bailey, her books,
Lucis Publishing, and what Theosophy has to do with it all (if
anything).

Ann writes:

Your first and second questions could be answered by "The
Unfinished Autobiography of Alice Bailey", published by Lucis
Publishing.  As to the third, I can only guess that someone is
focussing on accusations that were made against CWL.  I will
leave the fourth to somebody on Theos-l who knows this material
better than I do.  I'm still trying to grasp the idea of rounds
and root races.

I heard this same stuff ten years ago, on a local Chicago
television station.  Owned by Christian fundamentalists, they
used to have a program in the early evening that featured a man
standing in a dark dungeon.  His presentation would be
periodically interrupted by spooky noises and he warned the
viewers about various "Satanic" cults.  Dungeons and Dragons, the
role-playing game, was a favorite target.  Later in the evening,
the channel broadcast Jim Bakker.

Recently, I tuned in to watch a man sitting at a desk, warning
everyone about the dangers of Islam.  He claimed the religion was
sweeping the globe and that Christians and Muslims were headed
for a holy war.

IMHO, I think these people need something to fight AGAINST,
because it makes them feel stronger.  It is duality played to the
hilt.  It's difficult to have a discussion with them, as they are
convinced they are right.

- ann

"Ann Bermingham"<72723.2375@compuserve.com