Re: The "name"....

Mar 05, 1995 05:27 PM
by LieselFD

I can't argue with you about that somebody killed Nicole, she's
dead; but the motive might have been that she played around & the
killer thought she was evil, or that she was going to slug
him/her one & they killed in self defense, or maybe they were
jealous of her money.

The case with whether Jesus can or cannot save is much easier &
clearer in my mind.  I just don't think of that as absolute.
Jesus can save those who believe that He can.  If you're dealing
with a Buddhist, who believes in "work out your own salvation
with diligence", ie that "The finger does but point at the moon",
but that the individual has to figure out first what that green
cheese is up there, that person can't be saved by Jesus, because
they believe they have to find their own way by themselves, with
some hints given to them along their path by their favorite holy
people, but not through a holy figure's intercession.  It's just
like it seems that while some people are dying they see visions
of religious figures, but the shape of the figures depends upon
what they believe in.  Christians may see Christ or the Virgin
Mary, Buddhist may see the Buddha or Quan Yin, Mohammedans might
see Muhamad, and maybe Jews would see Moses or Abraham, or Sarah.
I've been taught that what you perceive depends on your inner
self, & that idea has been reinforced for me by the Heisenberg
principle.

Hope you can see my point of view.  It's very legit.

Liesel