The "name"....

Mar 05, 1995 11:24 AM
by IXCHEL

To Liesel,

Thanks for your comments.

I suppose there is so much concern over the "right"
"name" because there is so much reference to names and
letters, and the meanings of them, when studying the
Bible and/or the Kabbalah.

You say, "The Truth is whatever is true for the be-
liever", and that "there is no absolute truth in
manifestation."

I believe there are exceptions to these statements.

I believe there are some situations that have an
"absolute" truth to them. Example: O.J. Simpson either
murdered his ex-wife or he did not. If he killed her,
that would be the truth. If he didn't kill her, that
would be the truth. That we don't know who did it
doesn't take away the fact that there is only one true
killer. And that person is the absolute TRUTH in mani-
festation.

To Alan,

You state, "The name Jesus _probably_ originates etc..
.."      PROBABLY????

You say, "Jesus" means "He saves."  This "name" is an
idea/statement/message. _He_ the pronoun, and _saves_,
the verb. I think the key to the matter lies in the
meaning of the verb.

I don't believe that if one simply believes in Jesus
or believes he is the Lord of something, one is thus
saved. But there must be a reason that some folks
claim that this person has the power to save, or they
wouldn't have named him "He saves." Now, either he can
or cannot TRULY save. Is he an absolute in manifest-
ation or not?  It is not a matter of belief. It is a
matter of HOW. And whether this individual quoted
from the Old Testament or was referring also to
concepts found in the substance of the Kabbalah is
one of those situations where Liesel's, "truth to
the believer", comes into play.

The Yod as you indicate is related to the pronoun HE.
The question is: Does Yah also indicate HE, and is
the Je in Jesus related to HE as well?

Thanks for your thoughts...

Sarah