NEW: jain-l - for Jainism and related topics

Jan 17, 1995 06:17 AM
by William Allen

> Date sent:      Mon, 16 Jan 1995 14:13:33 CST
> From:           Raphael Carter <raphael@indirect.com>
> Subject:        NEW: jain-l - for Jainism and related topics

JAIN-L via jain-request@indirect.com

   The JAIN-L list is for discussion of Jainism, a non-Vedic
   religion of India.  Jainism is one of the world's oldest
   religious traditions, with more than three million devotees in
   India and throughout the world.  Jainism is best known for its
   emphasis on _ahimsa_, or nonviolence toward all beings.

   Jains, students of Jainism, and interested newcomers are all
   welcome.

   To subscribe, mail to:
         jain-request@indirect.com
   with this message in the *subject* (not the body of the message):
         subscribe jain-l

   Owner:  Raphael Carter  jain-admin@indirect.com

   DISCLAIMER: NEW-LIST announcements are edited from information
   provided by the original submitter.  We do NOT verify the
   technical accuracy nor any claims made in the announcements
   nor do we necessarily agree with them.  We do not warranty or
   guarantee any services which might be announced - use at your
   own risk.  For more information send e-mail to
   LISTSERV@VM1.NoDak.EDU with the command GET NEW-LIST README in
   the body.  mgh