Re: group souls

Oct 14, 1993 05:42 AM
by Michael W. Grenier

Eldon writes:

> The merits and rewards of a particular life are not lost to some
> group being, to some pool of experience. When "group souls" are used
> to refer to this, I'd call the idea wrong.

I've always seen this differently (feel free to tell me that I'm
nuts :-).

What is life in this case? To me its the life of the soul - not the life
of the physical incarnations that matter. A group soul is an
individual soul that may have parts of it incarnate in many
physical bodies at the same time and thus drawing experience from
them at the same time. The physical life of a bee, for instance,
probably does not provide much in reward at the soul level but the life
of many bees can provide some limited reward even though the
spirituality of even a hive of bees is quite limited.

As the soul evolves, it is able to put much more into a given
incarnation and thus does not need or desire many incarnations
at the same time as that dilutes the souls ability to focus. As it
enters the kingdom of man, the soul only incarnates one physical
body at a time (and needs to rest considerably between incarnations
to enjoy in the effects of its efforts).

When Eldon writes:

> The merits and rewards of a particular life are not lost to some
>  group being, to some pool of experience.

I disagree. Though in my interpretation, a group being is still
one soul - an individual who has had many physical lives.

I can' t think of any literature to back up my position - its just the
way it feels to me so, as previously stated, feel free to tell me that
I'm nuts.

   -Mike
Mike Grenier                      Unisys Government Systems
                             (Air Traffic Control)
mike@atc.sp.paramax.com  (work)               612-456-7869