Re: theos-l digest: November 12, 1999

Nov 12, 1999 09:53 PM
by kymsmith

Dallas wrote to Randy:

>At the risk of seeming to be abrupt, it is very difficult to try
>to rewrite all that theosophy teaches when it is possible for
>both of us to arrive at a joint understanding if you could
>familiarize yourself with the KEY TO THEOSOPHY.  It is not a long
>read, but it would make for you a bridge of understanding as to
>what students of theosophy deal with, and why.
>
>Is this possible?  It is not that anyone refuses to answer you,
>but the terms you use and the theosophical ones are widely
>separated by the limitations of our average education, even that
>which is given at the colleges.  To bridge that gap is
>important -- have you any theosophical texts that you can refer
>to?  If I knew about those, then I wold have an easier time.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, Dallas!!!!  If we cannot hold discussions with people
who we presume are un-versed in Theosophy, then Theosophists have NOTHING
to offer.

And most importantly, if Theosophists consider themselves more learned than
those who do not know Theosophy, then it is the THEOSOPHIST'S
RESPONSIBILITY to re-learn the language of those who do not understand, NOT
the reverse.  In order to be a teacher, one MUST speak the language of the
student.  Theosophist's are not to seek "an easier time" as you say -
Theosophists, if anybody, are required to endure a "harder" time.

By the way, I am not saying that Dallas is the teacher and Randy is the
student here - I am just trying to show that the more one claims to know,
the more responsible one becomes in "bridging the communication gap."

It is YOUR responsibility, by your own presentation of yourself, Dallas, to
bridge the communication gap.

Case in point:  Jesus came DOWN, humanity did not go up.  There is a lesson
in that.

(odd, I do not even believe in the historical Jesus, but he sure comes in
handy example-wise)

Kym