RE: theos-l digest: November 12, 1999

Nov 13, 1999 10:01 AM
by W. Dallas TenBroeck

Nov 13

Thank you Kym:

You may be missing my point.  We do have common ground if we are
able to read the language together.  My plea is to establish a
common speech area, not to shirk explanations.  I think you know
that having watched what I offer and comment on.

I have also read Randy's posts, and I would like to see as much
sincerity in his response to me suggestions as he expects to his
many questions and objections which are based on assumptions that
are only answerable if expressed in terms of assumptions we all
can see.

I say that Theosophy has expressed in simple terms its philosophy
for all to read.  If we both do some similar reading we can use
those terms and same a lot of physical  time.  That's my only
plea.

As to understanding where you, Randy or anyone is "coming
from" -- only "those" who know their base can express that.  In
many cases I find that the objections raised are already answered
in the text that I recommend the KEY TO THEOSOPHY by Mme.
Blavatsky.  I thought I was clear enough.
Is my request so out of line?

You have a specialty in which you are familiar.  And I have mine.
We both share a language, but our vocabularies overlap in parts,
to better make exchanges we need to become familiar with our
specialized words, -- and I think it is a 2-way street.

If "they" are desirous of understanding theosophy, then why not
make use of what is already there?  What is wrong in recommending
it?

Dal

Dallas
dalval@nwc.net=A0