Fw: Text from a pagan correspondent

Oct 20, 1999 03:51 PM
by Alan

----- Original Message -----
> From: Margaret Wilkins +ADw-M.Z.Wilkins+AEA-zoo.co.uk+AD4-
> Date: Wednesday, October 20, 1999 7:01 PM
> Subject: Fw: Text from a pagan correspondent

+AD4- Dear Alan
+AD4-
+AD4- This is from the same source as the pope website (Jean-Francois is the
+AD4- noisiest Swiss I've ever met and seems to come across some very
intereesting
+AD4- people) and is entirely bishop-free.
+AD4-
+AD4- +AD4APg-From: +ACI-Jean-Francois Mayer+ACI- +ADw-JFM+AEA-mcnet.ch+AD4-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Subject: Text from a pagan correspondent
+AD4- +AD4APg-Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 22:13:37 +020-
+AD4- +AD4APg-X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
+AD4- +AD4APg-X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V4.71.1712.3
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Dear correspondents,
+AD4- +AD4APg-The following and rather funny text was sent to me by a pagan
+AD4- +AD4-correspondent. While some of you may already know it, since it is
obviously
+AD4- +AD4-circulating on the net, I have thought that you might be amused to
read it
+AD4- +AD4-anyway.
+AD4- +AD4APg-Yours.
+AD4- +AD4APg-Jean-Francois
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road? (Neo-Pagan-style)
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Alexandrian/Gardnerian: To reveal this would be to break my oath of
+AD4- +AD4-secrecy. I can say, though, that it +ACo-really+ACo- is an ancient rite,
dating far
+AD4- +AD4-back in time, back even before 1951, and I have learned it from an
unbroken
+AD4- +AD4-lineage. As Gerald said, it takes a chicken to make an egg.
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Asatru: First, we don't believe in a +ACI-One Chicken+ACI- or a +ACI-Hen and
Rooster.+ACI-
+AD4- +AD4-We believe in many chickens. Second, +ACI-crossing the road+ACI- is part of
the
+AD4- +AD4-three levels, or worlds, and the chicken simply crossed from one
level to
+AD4- +AD4-another. Hail to the Chickens+ACE-
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-British Traditional: The word +ACI-chicken+ACI- comes from a very specific
Old
+AD4- +AD4-English word (+ACI-gechekken+ACI-), and it only properly applies to certain
fowl of
+AD4- +AD4-East Anglia or those descended therefrom. As for the rest, I suppose
they
+AD4- +AD4-are doing something remotely similar to crossing the road, but you
must
+AD4- +AD4-remember that traditional roads are not to be confused with the
modern
+AD4- +AD4-roads....
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Celtic: In County Feedbeygohn on Midsummer's day, there is still
practiced
+AD4- +AD4-St. Henny's Dance, which is a survival of the old pagan Chicken
Crossing
+AD4- +AD4-fertility rite. Today, modern pagans are reviving the practice,
dedicated
+AD4- +AD4-to the Hen and the Green Rooster.
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Ceremonial: +ACI-Crossing the road+ACI- is a phrase that summarizes many
magical
+AD4- +AD4-structures erected and timed by the chicken to produce the energy
necessary
+AD4- +AD4-for the intention of the travel across the road. For example, the
+AD4- +AD4-astrological correspondences had to be correct, the moon had to be
waxing
+AD4- +AD4-(if the chicken intended to come to the other side of the road) or
waning
+AD4- +AD4-(if the chicken intended to flee to the other side of the road), and
the
+AD4- +AD4-chicken had to prepare herself through fasting and proper
incantations.
+AD4- +AD4-Note: certain forms of invocation (summoning an egg
+AD4- +AD4APgAq-inside+ACo- your chicken self) can produce abnormal or even dangerous
eggs
+AD4- +AD4-and should only be conducted inside a properly erected barnyard.
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Chaos: Thinking in terms of +ACI-roads+ACI- and +ACI-crossings+ACI- is simply
looking at
+AD4- +AD4-the formal, typically perceived structure of chicken crossing
space-time.
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APg-We, instead, focus on the possibility of chicken crossing itself+ADs-
what
+AD4- +AD4-appears to be a random act is thus actually the norm - it is the
+ACoAKg-road+ACoAKg-
+AD4- +AD4-which is the freak of chance. Indeed, quantum mechanics now
demonstrates
+AD4- +AD4-what we knew all along: two roads can simultaneously exist in the
same
+AD4- +AD4-place at the same time. Thus, by attuning ourselves to the dynamic
energy
+AD4- +AD4-(called +ACI-crossing+ACI-), we can manifest the road. Of course, to the
+AD4- +AD4-unknowledgeable, this appears as a chicken crossing the road.
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Dianic: The chykyn (+ACI-chicken+ACI- is a term of patriarchal oppression)
sought
+AD4- +AD4APg-to reclaim for herself the right to be on the other side of the
road,
+AD4- +AD4-after it had been denied to her for centuries. By doing so, she
reawakened
+AD4- +AD4-the power of the Hen within herself.
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Discordian: cock-a-doodle-doo +ACE-
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Druid: To get to the sacred grove, of course+ACE- Keep in mind that 99+ACU-
of
+AD4- +AD4-everything written about chickens-crossing-the-road is pure hogwash,
based
+AD4- +AD4-on biased sources. Yes, there were a few unfortunate chicken
sacrifices in
+AD4- +AD4-the past, but that is over now...
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Eclectic: Because it seemed right to her at the time. She used some
+AD4- +AD4-Egyptian style corn and a Celtic sounding word for the road and
+AD4- +AD4-incorporated some Native American elements into her Corn-name,
+AD4- +AD4-Chicken-Who-Dances-and-Runs-with-the-Wolves.
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Faery: In twilight times and under sparkling stars, those properly
trained
+AD4- +AD4-can still see the chickens crossing the roads. Reconnecting with
these
+AD4- +AD4AIg-fey-fowl+ACI- as they cross is crucial to restoring the balance between
the
+AD4- +AD4-energies of modern development and living with the earth.
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Family Traditional: Growing up, we didn't think much about +ACI-crossing
the
+AD4- +AD4-road.+ACI- A chicken was a chicken. It crossed the road because that was
what
+AD4- +AD4-worked to get her to the other side. We focused on what worked, and
we
+AD4- +AD4-worked more with the elders of the barnyard and less with all this
+AD4- +AD4AIg-guardians of the chickencoop+ACI- business. We didn't get our concepts
of
+AD4- +AD4AIg-chickens+ACI- or +ACI-the other side+ACI- from Gardner, either. You can choose
not to
+AD4- +AD4-believe us since we did not +ACI-scratch down+ACI- on paper what was clucked
to us
+AD4- +AD4-orally (which, at certain times in history, was the only way to avoid
+AD4- +AD4-becoming Easter chicken soup+ACE-), but that doesn't change the facts:
+AD4- +AD4APg-there +ACo-were+ACo- real chickens, and they +ACo-really did+ACo- cross the road+ACE-
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Kitchen Witch: The chicken crossed the road to get food, to get a
rooster
+AD4- +AD4-or to get away from me after I decided to have chicken for dinner+ACE-
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Left Hand Path: White, fluffy chickens prancing across the road+ACE- Do
you
+AD4- +AD4-think that is +ACo-all+ACo- there is to crossing the road? Do you +ACo-dare+ACo- to
know
+AD4- +AD4-the dark side of crossing the road and the +ACo-other+ACo- path to
+AD4- self-development?
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-New Age: The chicken crossed the road because she chose this as one
her
+AD4- +AD4APg-lessons to learn in this life. Besides, there was so much incense
and
+AD4- +AD4-bright, white corn to explore on the Other Side.
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Newbie: well, 'cause I read in this really kewl book that said,
like,
+AD4- +AD4-chickens are supposed to cross the road, right?
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Posting on an Online Discussion Group: What do you mean why did the
+AD4- +AD4-chicken cross the road????+ACEAIQAh-??? Haven't you read +ACoAKg-any+ACoAKg- of the
previous
+AD4- +AD4-posts? We've been +AFs-expletive deleted+AF0- debating every word of that
question,
+AD4- +AD4-painstakingly trying to come to some kind of answer. I know you wrote
all I
+AD4- +AD4-wanted to know was why chickens cross the road, I'm not
+AD4- +AD4APg-looking for any chicken spells but I'm fed up with newbies who can't
+AD4- +AD4APg-even bother to REEEEEEEEAAADDD the posts on that very topic+ACE- No,
this is
+AD4- +AD4APgAq-not+ACo- a flame. But, I and several others here have the +ACo-maturity+ACo- to
+AD4- +AD4APg-properly explore and respond to this question, and we were properly
+AD4- +AD4-trained+ADs- we
+AD4- +AD4APgAq-didn't+ACo- just read a book and think we were full-fledged chickens.
Whew,
+AD4- +AD4APg-feeling much better after ranting...
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Solitaire: The chicken didn't want to be part of a coven or an oven.
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Shaman: Crossing the road is a way to reconnect with the healing,
+AD4- +AD4-visionary lifeways of the past. Chickens have long known this, but
+AD4- +AD4-increasingly the Rooster's Movement is adding more roosters to the
+AD4- +AD4-crossings too.
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Snert: Hey, are you guys really chickens? Can you give me a spell
that
+AD4- +AD4-will make a chicken cross the road? +AFs-amf: got me. dunno what a snert
is+AF0-
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Wiccan: The chicken crossed the road because she felt like she was
finally
+AD4- +AD4AIg-coming home.+ACI- She could do it alone or with others, but she
+AD4- +AD4APg-had to call to the Guardians of the Watchtowers of the Barnyard
first ...
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APg-uhm, after casting the circle.
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-How Some Pagan Authors Might Respond:
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Margot Adler: The recent chicken resurgence, it can be argued, is
directly
+AD4- +AD4-based on a response to the suburban middle class experience. While I
found
+AD4- +AD4-that chickens-who-cross-roads who responded to my survey are of a
wide
+AD4- +AD4-range of ages and backgrounds, I discovered some trends in
+AD4- +AD4APg-the +ACI-why+ACI- of crossing the road. For some it is was freedom. For some
it is
+AD4- +AD4-chickenism. Many chickens told me they crossed the road for
intellectual
+AD4- +AD4-satisfaction. One thing is clear: the growth of road crossing by
chickens
+AD4- +AD4-is expanding in the numbers of chickens and in the ways they cross
the
+AD4- +AD4-road, including at chicken festivals and for political blocking of
roads.
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Isaac Bonewits: Real crossing-the-road, we have seen, is a very
interwoven
+AD4- +AD4-and complicated subject. Our conclusion could be that real
+AD4- +AD4-crossing-the-road is the build up of chicken emotion in conjunction
with
+AD4- +AD4-chicken concepts to vary the modulation of chicken energy so as to
+AD4- +AD4APg-effect the modulation of the road's energy. That's all+ACE- Perhaps it
is
+AD4- +AD4-unfortunate, though, to use the word +ACI-chicken+ACI- in relation to it,
since the
+AD4- +AD4AIg-C+ACI- word is being used now in a way it was never used before in the
English
+AD4- +AD4-language and is an utterly meaningless term without a qualifying
adjective.
+AD4- +AD4-And this, of course, is the fault of the medieval Christian Church,
through
+AD4- +AD4-the Gothic Chickens it invented and used as the basis of persecuting
men,
+AD4- +AD4-women and chickens. The word +ACI-chicken+ACI- itself comes from an
Indo-European
+AD4- +AD4-root, +ACI-cheeka/e+ACI- meaning +ACI-one who lays eggs,+ACI- and it has no relation
to the
+AD4- +AD4-later Anglo-Saxon word for +ACI-wise spirit of flight,+ACI- as so often
stated by
+AD4- +AD4-certain contemporary +ACI-Chics.+ACI- An'Chk'Rrhod (+ACI-Our Own Chickens on Our
Own
+AD4- +AD4-Roads+ACI-), an authentic Neo-Chicken Rooster tradition, offers the best
of
+AD4- +AD4-paleo-, meso- and neo- Chickenism ...+AFs-amf again: we KNOW that Isaac
can
+AD4- +AD4-practice magic: He has a BA diploma for the University of California,
in
+AD4- +AD4-Thaumaturgy, no less--signed by Ronald Reagan+AF0-.
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Carlos Castenada 4/10/1964 I spent 14 hours, without food or water,
+AD4- +AD4-sitting on the dirt and under the sun in front of Don Juan's house,
+AD4- +AD4-grinding chicken feed. I asked Don Juan if I could have a drink of
water,
+AD4- +AD4-and he told me that it was always this way, that a man who wanted to
cross
+AD4- +AD4-the road with the chicken cannot have any food or water till the
chicken
+AD4- +AD4-feed is ground. I asked Don Juan if the chicken is an ally, like the
little
+AD4- +AD4-smoke. Don Juan seemed to get angry and stayed silent. After I
completed
+AD4- +AD4-grinding the corn, I hallucinated from heat exhaustion, and Don Juan
said I
+AD4- +AD4-was ready. As I collapsed to my side, I spilled the chicken feed
around me.
+AD4- +AD4-A chicken appeared to be eating the feed around me, and I became
strangely
+AD4- +AD4-absorbed in the vision. I heard Don Juan's voice tell me, +ACI-You must
let the
+AD4- +AD4-chicken cross the road into you. It is very painful, but for a man of
+AD4- +AD4-knowledge it is easy.+ACI-
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Scott Cunningham: A chicken passes between the grasses, clucking.
The wind
+AD4- +AD4-blows, and the chicken knows, +ACo-knows+ACo-, that this is the time. She
puts her
+AD4- +AD4-energy into taking the steps, in harmony with the gravel and the
stones of
+AD4- +AD4-the road. She is across+ADs- it is over, and the chicken stands in the
field on
+AD4- +AD4-the other side of the road. ... Natural chicken crossing
+AD4- +AD4APg-is unique among most other branches of the art of chicken road
crossing.
+AD4- It
+AD4- +AD4APg-doesn't require years of collecting or fashioning coops, feeders or
hen
+AD4- +AD4-houses. Indeed, the most important tools of natural chicken crossing
are
+AD4- +AD4-free: the road, the chicken and you, your personal chicken power.
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APg-You're already familiar with it. You've felt it. You +ACo-are+ACo- a
chicken.
+AD4- +AD4-Crossing the road is you, with your chicken need. And, you can do it
on
+AD4- +AD4-your own.
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APg-After all, who initiated the first chicken?
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Janet and Stewart Farrar: Since so many editions of Gardner's
Chicken Book
+AD4- +AD4-of Crossings have appeared in print (some accurate, some not), we
think it
+AD4- +AD4-won't +ACI-lay an egg+ACI- too much if we clearly present +ACI-The Chicken
Crossing
+AD4- +AD4-Rite,+ACI- especially if we do so after two and half pages of well
researched
+AD4- +AD4-introduction set in six-point type. In version A of the Chicken
Crossing
+AD4- +AD4-Rite, we find many pseudo-archaisms (e.g., +ACI-Yea, Ye Anciente Rite of
Ye
+AD4- +AD4-Chiks and Ye Rodes is a moste powerful Crafting, taking thy athame
...+ACI-)+ADs-
+AD4- +AD4-however, Doreen Valiente notes (in version C, which is
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APg-what we present), and we agree, that underlying it all is a basic
ritual
+AD4- +AD4-for summoning the astral road through the spirit of the Chicken
(drawn down
+AD4- +AD4-in the person of the High Priestess, holding the black handled feed
bin+ADs- of
+AD4- +AD4-course, a second degree may assist or perform the rite when....
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Llewellyn's Practical Chicken Magick Series: To some people, the
idea that
+AD4- +AD4AIg-chickens crossing the road+ACI- is practical comes as a surprise. It
+AD4- +AD4-shouldn't. The whole idea of Crossing the Road is practical for
chickens.
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APg-While Crossing the Road is also, and properly so, concerned with
spiritual
+AD4- +AD4-growth and psychological transformation -- the +ACI-why+ACI- of crossing the
road--
+AD4- +AD4-every chicken's life must rest firmly on material roads. Crossing the
Road
+AD4- +AD4-is the flowering of chicken potential. And the profits from
publishing all
+AD4- +AD4-those books on how to do so? Well, that ain't chicken feed...
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Starhawk: The chicken crossed the road to reclaim the crossing
experience,
+AD4- +AD4-the experience of being fully alive, with streams and earth and rocks
and
+AD4- +AD4-road, in the fullness of her chickenhood after thousand of years of
+AD4- +AD4-roosterarchy. The chicken crossing the road --not a chicken laying
eggs,
+AD4- +AD4-not a chicken being roasted and eaten-- a chicken strong and free,
crossing
+AD4- +AD4-the road, this is something I can believe in. We chickens, as
chickens, can
+AD4- +AD4-reclaim this in harmony with the Earth who gives life to all chickens
and
+AD4- +AD4-Who has been terribly scratched by roosters.
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Exercises:
+AD4- +AD4APg-Dance the Spiral Chicken.
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Doreen Valiente: Old Chicken really did exist, and she really did
cross
+AD4- +AD4-the road. Gerald talked about her often, but she didn't cross the
road till
+AD4- +AD4-before I began studying with Gerald. Still, there are records of Old
+AD4- +AD4-Chicken which confirm her reality. As for all the comments that
Gerald had
+AD4- +AD4-a +ACI-thing+ACI- for chickens, that is simply not true. The reason we worked
with
+AD4- +AD4-chickens is really quite simple: it worked+ACE-
+AD4- +AD4APg-
+AD4- +AD4APgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-
+AD4- +AD4APg-Silver Raven Wolf: Although many times people have asked me why
exactly
+AD4- +AD4-the chicken crossed the road, I often wonder myself. My point is that
every
+AD4- +AD4-chicken comes to the road in a different way, and there is no one
correct
+AD4- +AD4-way for the chicken to get to the road to be crossed. The study of
crossing
+AD4- +AD4-the road is hard work if the chicken is going to develop any degree
of
+AD4- +AD4-proficiency. It is not something where you can just cluck yourself
across
+AD4- +AD4-the road. The first time my chicken crossed the road was for my
chicken's
+AD4- +AD4-friend, whose rooster was being abusive. The chicken worked the steps
for
+AD4- +AD4-crossing the road after carefully considering all the reasons for
crossing
+AD4- +AD4-the road and all the steps she would have to take. Finally, my
chicken just
+AD4- +AD4-started clucking and flapping her wings and started across the road.
When
+AD4- +AD4-she reached the other side, her friend's rooster was respectful+ACE-
+AD4- +AD4-Afterwards, the chicken ate some corn to ground herself.
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-