Re: What is the Cause of Theosophy?

Oct 14, 1999 10:44 PM
by H. C. Dhariwal

Alan,

I am ispired to submit the following for your due consideration after
reading your thoughts on the aim of theosophy and shall be grateful if you
can offer your comments on the same.

Husiar

 SOME THOUGHTS ON THE SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEMS FACED BY THE HUMAN RACE

 All the problems which are there today as well as in the past, the
 agonising period of development of humanity, are because of the historical
 conditions. The communication was very poor. The technology at the
 disposal of humanity was very primitive. The religious scriptures were few
 in number(perhaps the sole single copy in the possession of the Rishis and
 Acharyas, whether of Hinduism, Islam, Budhism, Jainism or christianity)
 and were not available for every body to read understand, analyse and
 practice. The most important goal was to preserve them faithfully and
 transmit them to future generations.

 The time has now come when we should read, understand and analyse in an
 unbiased manner (i.e. scientific manner) to be practiced in the society at
 large.

 I am enclosing below some thoughts and facts which have occurred to me in
 after reading Bhagwad Gita and Srimad Bhagavatam of ISKCON translation, which
 are now available in an authentic, As It Is, translation in various languages
 of the world.

 SCIENTIFIC REALISTIC SPIRITUALISM

  1. Every body on earth whether one lives in the cities or jungles
  believes  in GOD who created everything including us. The focal point of
  every spiritualism is this all encompassing God.

  2. That whenever any thing is created, like when we create tv, fridge,
  car or any other device, before it is put into users hands detailed
  instruction manuals are written. One for the user, another for the service
  people, third for the repair and maitenance personnel etc.

  3. When using servicing or repairing these devices we have to follow these
  instruction manuals word by word. We know the consequences if we ignore
  them or even do not follow them properly.

  4. How is it that the creator of such a big creation has not supplied us
  with similar INSTRUCTION MANUALS. HE  has obviously supplied them to us,
  but we are ignoring them due to whatever reasons and that alone is the
  reason for all the problems afflicting the humanity today.

  5. These are the manuals supplied at the beginning of the creation. From
  time to time depending on the historic and geographic requirements of
  the development of the creation, experts have been sent to steer the
  course of development of the creation. These are JESUS, BUDDHA,
  MAHAVIR,MOHAMMAD AND SO ON who have further elaborated on some of the
  points which were important for that particulat geographical location and
  historical development.

  6. My humble submission is that we should not ignore the original
  instruction manuals when following the messages of any of the subsequent
  messengers. The messages of all of the messengers are also for whole of
  the humanity and not confined to a particular sect or religion.

  In order to root out all the evil from the human society, and usher in an
  era of scientific and realistic spiritualism, Universal Brotherhood
  and live the life for the purpose for which the God has created us,the
  instuctions contained in the original instuction manuals together with
  the subsequent supplementary manuals should be followed in an integrated
  manner. Instead we have divided them all into mine and yours due to
  various reasons.

  It is also very interesting to note that though every body on earth
  and all the religions on earth believe in the creator, The God who has
  created everything including us, nobody except one person has ever said
  that He is the creator who has created everything and given the scientific
  details of how He created everything out of the Adi Jal (Eternal Fluid).
  I found this information in Bhagwad Gita and Srimad Bhagwatam of ISKCON.

Dr. H.C.Dhariwal                        Tel   : (+91-22) 5767536, 5782545
Associate Professor                     Res.  : B104, IIT Bombay
Mech. Engg. deptt.                      Fax   : (+91-22) 5783480
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay  Extn  : 7536 (O), 8536 (R)
Powai, Mumbai - 400076                  Tel(R): 5792747, 5768536
I N D I A                               E-mail:hcd@me.iitb.ernet.in