Theosophical Fanaticism

Oct 13, 1999 06:27 AM
by Gerald Schueler

>>No TS is higher than the TRUTH.
Hate the hate and love the love. And the love for truth.
Frank>>

Truth is in the eyes of the beholder. We all see it differently.
Hatred is ALWAYS wrong.

I wish that all of this hate-mongering would go away from
these lists. Especially since Theosophists are supposed
to be developing compassion.  I am very tired of all of
the CWL bashing, Conger bashing, Adyar bashing, Pasadena
bashing, ULT bashing and so on and on like a bunch of
children.  As far as I am concerned, Frank and anyone else
who sends personal flames against people are hypocrites.

Dallas has argued that we should not flame Blavatsky or Judge
because they are dead and cannot defend themselves. Yet
I don't hear this same argument in any defense of CWL or
Conger. Strange huh...

I don't object to civil historical discussions. Dan, I think has
done this very well.  We should be able to discuss both sides
of CWL, Conger, and so on without hatred and bitterness
in our words.

I am a liscensed professional counselor with a PhD in
Human Services and a lot of psychology courses etc, and
my professional opinion is that Frank is exhibiting a
compulsive obsessive behavior disorder, and I strongly
recommend that he gets some professional help.  While
he may honestly feel that Conger was wrong, the emotional
tone elicited by his choice of words suggests fanaticism,
which is the very opposite of what Theosophy teaches and
Frank himself espouses (and I am sure that his response
here will be filled with emotional invectives that will further
convince me that he really needs help).

In short, if we can't talk like adults about Theosophical
history, then we shouldn't talk about it at all.
Anyone, not just Frank but anyone, who flames
people and espouses compassion, is a hypocrite
(nothing wrong with flaming ideas) pure and simple.

Calling other people names like "Black Magician"
is childish and as Theosophists we should have
grown out of that phase of our development. Jung
would say that such a person is projecting from their
own shadow. Furthermore, to denigrate modern
psychology as an excuse for one's childish behavior is
also childish. We need to grow up before our
Theosophical Movement becomes a laughing stock.

Jerry S.