Re: In support of theosophy

Sep 21, 1999 09:27 PM
by M K Ramadoss

At 01:52 AM 09/22/1999 +0100, Alan wrote:
>During my two years as President, I was able to increase attendance at
public meetings, as well as a slight increase in the membership.  However,
some of the "old hands" of the previous administration did not like my
approach, which is fair enough, and began to spread rumours about my desire
for personal glory (!) behind my back, which is not fair enough, nor fair
at all.  At least one of these (a former lodge president) was an E.S.
member.  My main "real" crime was in promoting - yes, promoting - criticism
of TS teachings as the best means of taking the TS motto seriously, that
there is no religion higher than truth.  If the teachings hold up under
criticism, then they must be doing OK.<

It appears that one's that have made up their mind what "truth" is, care
less about the motto is. May be when they discover real truth, they may
have a nervous breakdown. May be this kind of approach may be one of the
reasons for lack of vitality in theosophical organizations and perhaps the
dwindling membership.

mkr