Re: grief

Feb 01, 1999 05:42 PM
by Cybercmh

In a message dated 1/17/99 12:01:41 AM Eastern Standard Time, theos-
l@list.vnet.net writes:

<< IMHO, these may be dreams by association - you associate the person
 (perhaps) with the body they formerly occupied, rather than the
 soul/spirit that you actually knew, loved, and talked with before. >>

Interesting distinction.  I remember when my father died, I was so terrified
to look into the casket for fear of what I would see and how I would feel.  My
heart was pounding when I walked up to it, but I felt it was something I had
to do.  Well, to my surprise when I looked in, a wave of relief came over me
and the powerful message, "Your father is not joined to this body anymore.
The person you knew and loved as your father is somewhere good and safe."  He
is not *this*, I thought, and was comforted.
Christine