Re: theos-l digest: January 29, 1999

Jan 30, 1999 05:56 AM
by alpha

Katinka:

>"Whenever God loves a devotee, He subjects him to ordeals.
>Should he endure patiently, God singles him out; should he
>be content, God purifies him."
>
>THis thought is echoed by H.P.B. in her articles on
>Practical Occultism, later bundled in the small booklet of
>that name.

This is just a point of information.  The third article bundled (an
excellent choice of words) in the small booklet: "Some Practical Suggestions
for Daily Life," isn't by HPB, and yet quotes are often made from it saying
that they are by her.
It is appreceiated you may not be referring to this article.

>> I find amidst all this I do have one firm belief.  So
>long as we treat them as we would any other creature on
>this planet, with compassion, we cannot go far wrong.>

The sad thing is, by just looking back over thousands of years of history,
humanity as a whole isn't yet compassionate.  If it was we wouldn't be
wishing to clone people in the first place?  Already some are saying they
would like a clone of themselves, so that they can use it for spare body parts.
Compassion brings forth a Buddha.
Perhaps this can be our "measure."   Is cloning compassionate?

>This is a misconception. No child was yet born whithout
>coming from a mother's womb. The laboratories can recreate
>the coming together of a sperma-cell and the egg. They
>cannot recreate all the complex functions of the womb.

"The Secret Doctrine" does refer to different methods of birth, both past
and future (e.g., sweat born, mind born, etc.), one in fact in the
reasonably near future, what ever reasonably near might mean, in the larger
time-scale of things.
Best wishes
Tony