RE: theos-l digest: January 29, 1999 Cloning, Twins and the Mind/Soul in incarnation.

Jan 30, 1999 05:39 AM
by W. Dallas TenBroeck

Jan 30th

Dear Kym:

Cloning and Identical or Fraternal Twins.

As I understand it, the process of incarnation, Theosophically,
involves specially the incoming Ego (Soul, Mind, Perceiver) meets
its old "karma" (unfinished business) through the agency of the
Egos of the father and mother of the new birth.

One may produce a physiological union of the gametes in a lab,
but I doubt if that can be carried to "term" without something
resembling the facilities and process of the living womb.

Again, why should the intermixing of the gametes invoke a
"soul/mind" to use a potential "body/form" which will not have
any future as a living human ?

Theosophically several factors, so far unfathomed, though perhaps
being considered by science are in play in incarnation.  The idea
that all is based solely on physiology is defective, as I
understand it. And I have been following for many years, since I
was in College.  The matter of the ethics process (which
Theosophy gives emphasis to, through the doctrine and action of
Karma) is lacking in the average scientific view, as I see it.

Where and how does self-identity arise ?  What happens between
baby-hood and adult-hood ?  Is man just a more intelligent animal
?  If so what is the nature of that intelligence, and where does
the I-ness come from that we study ?

Doe this help ?

Dallas