Re: theos-l digest: January 22, 1999

Jan 22, 1999 11:26 PM
by kymsmith

Doss wrote:

>When you are doing the right think, helping common man, woman and child, I
>think there is godsend public support.

Despite Clinton's personal imperfections (part of being human, I suppose),
there appears, at the core of Clinton's heart, a real desire to help those
who have been ignored for so long in America's history.  I believe that the
"masses" (a bad word, even in Theosophical literature) recognize Clinton's
purpose.

However, it is also expected that when one is "doing the right thing" there
comes added trouble - not ALL people appreciate Clinton's attempts at
helping the poor, minorities, women, gays and lesbians, etc., through
changes in federal laws.  Many powerful people do not wish to share or lose
the power they have enjoyed for quite a few years - it is natural that they
will fight to hold on to it.  Hence, the acceptance and applause of a
prosecutorial investigation that, if it had happened to them, they would
have never tolerated. . ..

While watching the current Senate hearings, I find myself especially
distressed at how petty and malicious the prosecutors have been.  They have
misquoted, misrepresented, and often, blatantly lied, about what is really
in the depositions and evidence.  I wish more people were watching the
hearings - what the media and some politicians have many people (even those
who support him) believing about what Clinton did is simply not true.

But, I believe, that although we can drive out, crush, or kill a
individual, we cannot do the same to a person's good works and thoughts.
This belief, at times, seems the only thing that sustains me.

Kym