Re: theos-l digest: December 13, 1998

Dec 15, 1998 04:13 PM
by Bart Lidofsky

Dr. A.M.Bain wrote:
> kymsmith@micron.net writes
> >I must say: I personally postulate that the concept of karma is merely a
> >tool to use - like heaven and hell - in order to keep people in line.
>
> It certainly *is* used this way - I expect you have noticed the vast
> range of things that are due to "bad karma".  Don't hear much about
> "god karma" do  we?  One interpretation of karma not usually thought
> of is that "karma" = "getting even" ...... save the ":Lords of Karma" a lot
> of work, eh?

	The problem is when karma is thought of as reward and punishment. As
you quite rightly point out, it is neither; it is getting even. Not
getting revenge, but getting EVEN, in the sense of in balance. Karma is
a teacher; it teaches you how to achieve balance. Therefore, in a sense,
ALL karma is bad karma, as it is proof you haven't learned your lessons
yet.

	Note, however, that one cannot be voluntarily the bearer of karma to
someone else without creating some of one's own.

	Bart Lidofsky