Theosophists vs. average human beings

Nov 09, 1998 09:59 PM
by kymsmith

Frank wrote:

>We need urgent people like Dallas which are fighting the increasing tidal
>wave of illusion, blind belief and laziness and who are fighting on HPB's
>side. There are enough on the dark (avidya) side. Keep in mind that it much
>easier to blacken HPB or to criticize Theosophy with any fantastic slander
>than to justify it with primarily sources. This is done in five minutes.
>Often enough one has to read, reread and search for a single sentence many
>hours. Dallas, hold on and fight for the TRUTH - whether someone likes it to
>hear of not. We are working not for today.

The "tidal wave" is NOT "increasing," Frank.  Have more faith, love and
hope for humanity.  More and more people - not less and less - are
beginning to understand the broader picture.  And, believe it or not,
Frank, those who disagree with HPB, you, or Dallas may not be merely
wallowing in "illusion," "laziness," or "blind belief."

Again, Dallas and now you, Frank, do NOT REALLY KNOW what TRUTH is (no
human does) - but Dallas and you have made clear that there is no other
"truth" or "viewpoint" that is valid.

And, contrary to your statement: Yes, Frank, we ARE WORKING FOR TODAY!
Today matters - for today people are suffering, lost, and sad.  Every day
matters and every person matters.  Those who look and work ONLY for some
way-off day in the future are ignoring and perhaps misunderstanding what
Life is - today matters, for today, someone may hear "God" or someone may
find Love or someone may learn the meaning of Compassion or someone may
need comfort or someone may need help.  Frank, Life is not about just 'me,
me, me and my own spiritual future.'  Many Theosophists seem to accept way
too easily the inherent selfishness of viewing TRUTH as a means for their
OWN spiritual reward.

If you and Dallas choose to love books and HPB more than this planet and
the living entities in it, so be it.  But don't think for one second that
all of us are just going to shut up and move aside - for me personally, the
belief system of you and Dallas is adding to, not lessening, the pain in
this world.

Kym