The Theosophy Company & Blavatsky's writings

Sep 23, 1998 10:33 AM
by Graye/Caldwell

SUBJECT:  The Theosophy Company & Blavatsky's writings

I've received private emails in which a few ULT students have expressed
the opinion that I've been *too critical* of the Theosophy Company's
republication of HPB's works.

First, let me say that the Theosophy Company is to be *commended* for
their policy of keeping in print *photographic* facsimile editions of
many of HPB's original books.  These titles include:

THE SECRET DOCTRINE
ISIS UNVEILED (as far as I know, this is the only *photographic
facsimile* reprint now available)
THE KEY TO THEOSOPHY (the first edition)
THEOSOPHICAL GLOSSARY

These titles have been available for many decades from this Theosophical
publisher.

I also find very valuable their 3 volume compilation of HPB's
THEOSOPHICAL ARTICLES. 165 articles of HPB's have been reprinted in
these 3 volumes at an economical price.  Also the pamphlet series of
these 165 articles is very valuable.

But I *still stand* by my critique and analysis of the Theosophy
Company's edition of THE VOICE OF THE SILENCE and the reprint of A
MODERN PANARION.  Facts are facts.  It is my hope that this publisher
might come out with better editions of these writings from HPB's pen.

I hope this clarifies my position on these matters.

Daniel Caldwell