Re: THEOS-L digest 1642

Sep 23, 1998 07:45 AM
by Cybercmh

<<It is usual for all non profits to ask for contributions, which they will
be very eager to accept. But will be very protective of any questions on
the spending details and especially when it comes to compensation issues.

Those of us who are sensitive to the non profit compensation may want to
look at them before we contribute to any non profit groups.

Many believe it is best to provide charitable help directly to the needy
rather than thru intermediaries even though the intermediaries may have
very laudable aims.>>

Y'know, I don't begrudge the high salary if that's how you must attract and
retain top talent.  Sometimes, though, I don't feel like sending in my money
to someone who is making a lot more than I am.  Transferring my wealth to the
wealthier, you know what I mean?  I might personally rather give my money to
someone who is worse off than I am, instead of sending my pennies to some guy
driving around in a Mercedes, which makes me feel like a chump.  This calls to
mind an incident in a church I once belonged to.  It was near Christmas and it
was announced that everyone should be able to afford to contribute at least
$10.  I never appreciate someone telling me what I can or cannot afford, in
the first place.  Moreover, I noticed that the priest's car was a lot nicer
than mine, which was so old it was starting to fall apart, and I didn't have
enough money to get another one - and I thought to myself, when my car is
nicer than his, then I'll send the money....Meanwhile, I need to take care of
my own business first.
Christine