Re: THEOS-L digest 1614

Aug 27, 1998 04:43 PM
by M K Ramadoss

At 05:19 PM 8/27/1998 -0400, you wrote:

>In a message dated 8/23/98 8:42:23 PM, you wrote:
>
><<When I urgently needed a book, I looked up amazon.com and they did not have
>it in stock. It will take 6 to 8 weeks to special order. Visited two Barnes
>and Noble book stores with no luck. Then visited the Barnes & Noble
>website. Bingo.>>
>
>Just thought I would share that I've had great luck with Amazon.com.  They
>have provided superior customer service, rushing books to me as soon as they
>are available, sometimes within days, and sending confirming e-mail.  They
>also have sent me thank-you gifts just for ordering (a mouse pad in one case,
>a refrigerator magnet in another).  You can also find reviews of books you're
>thinking about buying, as well as lists of similar books you might like.  I
>don't think anything will replace the physical bookstore if you want to
>browse, see what's on sale, etc., or buy something quick on your way home -
>but for harder-to-find books, I think Amazon is your best bet.  Smaller or
>used bookstores can also carry books that the big superstores don't waste
>their time on - older books, for example, or more obscure ones.  So it all
>depends on your needs.
>Christine Hanson

Glad to know amazon.com is giving excellent service. I used B&N because
they had the book in stock and could ship immediately. B&N did send me a
e-mail as soon as I placed the order as well as when it was shipped. So one
can expect a high level of customer service from everyone doing business on
Internet.

mkr