Universal Brotherhood

Feb 13, 1998 12:11 PM
by Thoa Tran

Keith Fisher:
>I am sure the President of TSA, John Algeo, is acutely aware of the
>decreasing worldwide membership of the TS and would welcome any constructive
>new ideas which would start to reverse this situation.  Perhaps, instead of
>criticism, the Board of Directors need input, feedback, and support for any
>new approach it may take to promote theosophy in a light that would enthuse
>more people to commit themselves to this high ideal of Brotherhood in this
>age of materialism.
>
>Best wishes
>
>Keith Fisher
>Perth Australia

I agree with that.  Haven't anyone heard of turning the other cheek?

One idea:  The officers of the TS have a direct chat session via computer.
This is where Eldon's post regarding the instant e-mail system would come
in handy.  The announcement should be done well ahead of time so that those
who would like to take part can have the time to prepare for it.  Also, all
theosophical discussion lists should be made aware of this event.  I
strongly believe that proper communication is one of the keys to resolving
problems.  Each side should be willing to keep the lines open, and each
side should keep the accusation tone down.  In modern psychology, the
suggestion of proper communication would be like this:

Side 1:  Blah, blah, blah.
Side 2:  I hear you say blah, blah, blah.  Do you mean blah, blah, blah?
Side 1:  Yes, I mean blah, blah, blah.
Side 2:  Okay, I understand your feeling of blah, blah, blah, but I yak,
yak, yak.

Etc., etc. :o)

Thoa