Re: Request for Information, Suggestions, Help

Nov 22, 1997 11:34 AM
by Eldon B Tucker

JRC:

>      I've had to do more than my share of Internet seminars ... lemme ask
>you -
>             1. What level of knowledge are you assuming in your
>participants (i.e., are they people that have never even logged onto the
>Internet and need even the basic concepts of email, browsers & etc., or are
>they already computer competent, and your purpose will be to show them what
>resources exist for Theosophy as a specific subject)?

The backgrounds will be varied. The pool of people will be those that
typically attend programs at Krotona, perhaps minus those afraid of
computers and plus those with computers and a special interest in the
topic.

>            2. How many computers will you have in the seminar - i.e., will
>most be able to be at a keyboard and logged to sites & etc., or will you
>have one computer that everyone will be milling around?

There will probably be a laptop and a desktop with a 20 inch montior.
I'll have access to an overhead projector. I'd like to rent a lcd
display for the overhead projector for a day if I can come across one.

>           3. What sort of demonstration software will you have - a couple
>different browsers, email programs & etc.? Or will you be stuck witha single
>computer with only one set of tools?

I'm not sure yet how much variety I'll have as to showing different
kinds of software. I'd like both a computer demo and some talk about
what is going on, with personal stories and a sampling of email to
read, to give an impression of what one can experience and what one
can do in terms of helpful things for others.

There will be some talk of Theosophy and a philosophical slant;
it won't all be technical training and demos.

-- Eldon