Re: Is Karma Politically Correct? Is the World?

Oct 19, 1997 10:27 PM
by kymsmith

Keith wrote:

>I think as humans with highest spirit in lowest matter, we are torn between
>alligence to group norms and the indiviual path.  This seems to be the essence
>of most discussions about "why can't we all just be friends?".
>
>What have you learned from your readings or life experience?

The opportunity for one to seek their "individual path" seems to come only
AFTER one has been part of a group.  Humanity would not have survived had it
not been for the group mentality - individuals make easy prey.  If everyone
decided this minute to shun the "group norms" the world would be in chaos.
Yet, at some point, everyone must seek their own way - and then, know how to
return to the "group" in order to help others.  Neither being in a group or
on one's own journey is bad in itself or good in itself.

I've never known of friends who didn't fight, or not speak to each other for
a while, or insult each other, or tell each other to go straight to hell.
For some, the concept of "friends" seems to imply that friendship is all
lovey dovey.  I feel that the worry over whether people are friends or not
is robbing us of valuable energy and action.  Everyone is my "friend" - I'm
just mad at a whole bunch of them right now - but it will pass. . .and, in
the meantime, I try to help where I can.

I think: those who claim to know usually don't; those considered the dumbest
can be the wisest; if you know a person's God, you know them; and nothing is
ever as it seems.  And, despite the sureness of philosophers, theologians,
HPB, and Pat Robertson - I don't think we've a real clue about what God is
or why we're here.

Maybe this computer screen, and all you "theos people," are nothing but my
own bout with indigestion or shadows of electric shock therapy. . .

Poe seems to imply that thinking is not one's liberation, but one's downfall
- well, duh.

Kym