Re: THEOS-L digest 1282

Oct 16, 1997 04:21 AM
by CPickar965

Nicole,

<<
 To CPickar: "as they have to put up the shields which they can so
 comfortably lose when within the group."

 Could you please help me here - I have difficulties feeling comfortable
 whithout shields and loosing shields sometimes makes me feel terribly
 afraid. You seem to know people who can loose them and feel comfortably.
 Maybe you wish to learn to me, what makes them feel so comfortable
 without shields?>>

I didn't introduce or comment on the subject of shields, (Bart did).  Bart,
also, answered - I agree with his answer.  We can't drop our shields with
everyone.  Knowing who we can drop our shields with and who we can't is a
form of  DISCRIMINATION.   While we can't drop them with everyone and, yes, I
do know a few individuals who drop their shield (probably not 100% I doubt if
any of us are ready for that).  IMHO, the ability to drop one's shield and
allow others to drop theirs without criticsm,  condemnation or
judgementalness is, if not in itself, then a form of, UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.
 Our inability to drop our shield without ego getting in the way, or being a
doormat for other and permitting the same of others is IMHO, the root of  a
great deal of our personal problems in relationships, jobs and community.  I
can recommend at least 3 non- "Theosophical" books that can shed some light
on this.   If your interested e-mail me.  I don't want to bore the list with
it.  This also ties into concepts of racism - (Comment in digest 1281 about
"the white supremisct''.)  BTW,  I'm in Chicago and I didn't realize we had
rabid race fever here.  (Earlier dialogues) I was under the impression it was
a global problem.

crp