Re: on Rules and Yoga

Sep 21, 1997 05:03 PM
by A. Safron

----------
> From: ramadoss@eden.com
> To: Multiple recipients of list <theos-l@vnet.net>
> Subject: Re: on Rules and Yoga
> Date: Saturday, September 20, 1997 12:07 PM
>
> At 09:35 AM 9/20/97 -0400, jim meier wrote:
>
> >I think Krishnamurti's "pathless land" was a rejection of the
> >Theosophical Society of his time, not of the Rules given by Patanjali for
> >bringing the light of the soul into the day-to-day consciousness.
> >
> >Jim
>
> Krishnamurti's stand was that no organization can bring one to Truth, thus
> rejecting *all* organizations including TS.

IMHO he was rejecting the TS at that point in time.  It was getting pretty wild with
CWL running around in a purple dress, initiations being handed out willy-nilly,
and everyone expecting K to give them enlightenment.  No wonder he ran for
hills.  If he did reject "all" organizations, it was on the basis of what he'd
already experienced.

A. SAfron