Re: Tom and his evil feminists (again)

Sep 07, 1997 11:52 AM
by Tom Robertson

Tim wrote:

>Let me throw some questions your way, Tom. Catch or not as you will.

>How do you feel about the inclusion of gender equality in the basic goals
>statement of the Theosophical Society?

Men are superior to women.  Gender equality has no place in a society
that is devoted to truth.

>How do you feel about the prominence of women in its leadership?

I find it appalling.

>Were they fit to serve, and did their service help validate other women's
>aspirations toward leadership and service in their own life paths?

Women should serve - never lead.

>If so, are you glad?

Whenever I see a woman serve a man, I am glad.

>Do you feel that the basic direction of feminism (a.k.a. women's
>liberation and the suffrage movement) from Mary Wollstonecraft through
>Blavatsky and Besant and on into the present day has been fundamentally
>misdirected?

The greatest statement the TS has made about women is in "The Mahatma
Letters," in which the mahatmas were regretting the disadvantages they
had in working with HPB because she was female, primarily due to how
emotional she was.

>Do you believe that women are unfairly assigned an oppressed and
>underprivileged status in society and that this should be remedied?

Yes.  It should be increased.

>Were there some particular women or feminists that you knew personally
>who outraged you? What were the events if so?

Yes.  I had a radical feminist girlfriend once who once left her
territory (kitchen, bedroom).  I made sure _that_ never happened
again.

>And see if you can leave the constant personal attacks and snide
>imprecations out of it this time. Thanks.

How did I do?  Now, in spite of your not having answered any of mine,
let me ask you just one more: If not out of the same kind of prejudice
you imply that you oppose, why did you ask me any of these questions?