Re: The Number 7

Aug 29, 1997 10:20 AM
by Bart Lidofsky

Vincent Beall wrote:
> It should be further understood that a triad such as a trinity of
> persons etc., when taken as possible combinations of the elements
> reveals seven subsets.

> AB
> AC
> BC
> ABC
>
> I hope this helps.

	Unfortunately, not. Emily Sellon came up with that one. I never got a
chance, before her death, to point out the flaw: It does not consider
the empty set, which makes a total of eight (the empty set MUST be
considered in mathematics).

	I once proposed that the empty set stands for prolaya, and the 7 stands
for manvantara, but got roundly laughed at for my trouble.

	Bart Lidofsky