Re: Dear Alan

Aug 29, 1997 08:51 AM
by A. Safron

----------
> From: Dr. A.M.Bain <guru@nellie2.demon.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: Dear Alan
> Date: Thursday, August 28, 1997 8:17 PM

Alan:
Trees can get importunate if you let them.  They don't let you hug them
for nothing :-)

True.  Three years ago I was at Frank's, a large US chain of garden
stores.  I  happened upon a lovely blue pine, about 3-4 ft tall.  It
would not leave me alone.  I told my husband I had to have this tree.
He looked at me like I was nuts, especially since he'd have to
carry the thing.  The salesman tried to carry another tree to my
car, but I made him take it back and bring my tree to the trunk.
Got it home and my husband is mightily straining to get this sucker
out of the trunk as it weighs a ton.  Luckily, our neighbor passes
by and gives him a hand.  Neighbor, who also worked for a
landscaper, not only gets it out of car, but digs the hole and
helps plant it.

It's 5'4" now, about my height and you should see it at
Christmas with all the lights on it.  We can't  have a big tree
inside because of the cats, so this is our "real" Christmas tree.

A. SAFron