Re: Logos

Aug 26, 1997 11:10 AM
by Vincent Beall

Titus Roth wrote:

> > All truths that we can communicate are finite. We can actually utter
> > things which are absolutely true, but most such things are ulimately
> > simple and have very little application. The common delusion is that if
> > we are told the absolute truth we suddenly become absolutely wise; this
> > is pure nonsense.
>
> I haven't really followed this discussion closely, but will jump in here.  The
> preceeding has been a little too profound for me. (In my time we didn't see
> profoundities shamelessly uttered in public) ...
>
> Great Teachers have a kind of "spirit" in Their words that gives them life.
> Though a too literal interpretation may get stuck in consciousness, the
> "spirit" stirs the unconscious. The seed thoughts within the unconscious
> when acted on produce realization.
>
> The exact same words of a sage could be repeated by someone without
> realization and they would be stale because such persons lack the Esse within
> the words.  Part of the Esse comes from your intent and also practising what
> you preach.
>
> When someone said they found Yogananda's book inspiring, he said, "It has
> my vibrations in it."

Very soothing words indeed, you seem to have good "vibrations", if my
feeling is correct. Discipline of course is the key to magnifing ones
spiritual presence, although, there is wide variation of vocation, and
even the "evil" have spiritual effect. Unlike some I don't see an
analogy between "good and evil" and "spirit and matter".

Only some can recognize profundity, please pardon my unabashed remarks.

Vincent
--

vincent@dmv.com

http://home.dmv.com/~vincent/