Re: Schemes of Chains, Rounds and Globes

Aug 19, 1997 11:37 AM
by ramadoss

At 02:06 PM 8/19/97 -0400, you wrote:

>Now that's a challenge!  One of the problems with Theosophy and Theosophists
>is the sqeamishness about putting Theosophy into the "language of the
>masses."  What would happen to "us" if "they" all knew as much as "we" did!?
>Shudder.
>
>Kym

Theosophy is supposed to be to help the masses which is the Humanity and not
for the elite, educated and scholarly alone.

Putting theosophy into the language of the masses, I think Annie Besant did
a wonderful job even though many may not agree with her. Almost all her
writings were verbatim reports of her lectures and she was perhaps the last
great orator in the Theosophical Society.

Taking Theosophy to the masses is the key to the future success of all
Theosophical Organizations, IMHO.