Re: Bart and the Nazi's

Aug 17, 1997 01:43 PM
by Bart Lidofsky

ramadoss@eden.com wrote:

> At 01:29 PM 8/16/97 -0400, Bart Lidofsky wrote:
> >ramadoss@eden.com wrote:
> >>       If you have followed all the developments surrounding the changes to
> >> the bylaws which were made some time ago, you should have noticed that more
> >> than one attorney member of TS has come to the conclusion that bylaw changes
> >> were null and void because TSA itself did not follow its own bylaws when
> >> changes were made.
> >
> >       Other than Sy, who else was there? I had read Sy's letters when he sent
> >it out, and showed it to several attorneys, as well as the by-laws, and
> >they disagreed with his conclusions (they did, however, point out to me
> >the major flaw in the National by-laws, which I have been campaigning to
> >have changed: it only requires a simple majority of the Board of
> >Directors to dissolve a Lodge (it requires 2/3 to throw out an
> >individual member).
> >
> There was a document that I believe was sent out by a committee of
> presidents of a couple of lodges and there this was mentioned. This was

	I was referring to your statement, "More than one attorney...". I have
seen the document to which you refer, and do not deny its existence.
But, as far as I know, the only attorney involved was Sy. You say that
my knowledge is incorrect. It is significant of other attorney members
came to the same finding, and I am therefore interested if I am
incorrect. On the other hand, I know as well as anybody else that these
are personal messages and not printed articles, and therefore one
generally doesn't put into them the same degree of care that one might
put into an article, and therefore it is common to rely on memory, which
can play tricks, rather than looking up the facts. The trick is not
letting your ego get in the way if it turns out you were wrong.

	Bart Lidofsky