Re: Ancient Wisdom Revived

Aug 16, 1997 06:37 PM
by A. Safron

----------
> From: Vincent Beall <vincent@dmv.com>
> Subject: Ancient Wisdom Revived
> Date: Saturday, August 16, 1997 6:43 PM
>
> Has anyone read this history of the Theosophical movement written by
> Bruce Campbell? It has some very interesting historical notes. I bought
> it at the Baltimore lodge bookstore. Campbell is not a member of any
> theosophical organization and seems to have written the book
> objectively. Today in Hollywood they say that no publicity is worse than
> bad publicity, and after reading Campbell's book it seems that they
> could have learned that from the life of HPB.

Yes, I read it on the recommendation of KPJohnson.  I had
asked several people for  for a good history of TS and most seemed
to think anything written would be biased.

Another great book, if you can get it, (out-of-print) is Candles in the Sun by Lutyens.
She was there for all the Krishnamurti activities and finally left when he did.

A. Safron