Re: Animal Souls

Aug 06, 1997 05:17 PM
by M K Ramadoss

At 02:53 PM 8/4/97 -0400, techndex@pacbell.net wrote:
>At 06:03 PM 8/2/97 -0400, Tom wrote:
>
>>I have always liked Leadbeater's analogy of a pail of water being the
>>group soul, and each animal being analogous to taking part of the
>>water that is in the pail and temporarily being put into a separate
>>container, so that it acquires its own unique qualities (which are
>>apparent even in insects), but then, when its life is over, it goes
>>back into the group soul and mixes its qualities with the group soul,
>>just as the water that was in the individual container gets put back
>>into the pail, mixing its qualities with that of all the other water.
>>I don't know how else, but by postulating a group soul, to explain
>>such events as many birds acting simultaneously.
>
>I agree with you all the way up to your last sentence. ;-D If you're
>discussing simultaneous movements in a flying flock of birds, I've seen
>explanations (some of them rather involved) boiling down to individual
>birds following the movements of their neighbors--all physical-plane based.
>
>Lynn

Some time ago, I saw a documentary on the white wolves in the arctic
mountains. The area was visited by humans for the first time. The wolves
with their new born cubs literally ignored the humans who were filming the
documentary. They have never seen humans, and hence has never had the sad
experience of being killed or maimed by humans and hence there was no
"inherited" fear of humans. I thought it was a nice example of the group
soul whatever we may want to call that which holds the cumulative experience.